I am an applied microeconomist specializing in the development, behavioral, and experimental economics. I deal with primary (randomized controlled trials, household surveys, field and audit experiments) and secondary datasets (cross-sectional and panel data).
- “Gender inequality and caste: Field experimental evidence from India” with Debayan Pakrashi (ISI Kolkata), Yves Zenou, Asad Islam, and Liang Choon Wang (Monash University). Journal of Economic Behaviour and Organization [ABDC Journal Ranking A*] [ABS 3].
- “She can fight her own battles: Experimental evidence on the effects of increasing awareness about rights and self-defense training on female empowerment in India” with Russell Smyth (Monash University), Debayan Pakrashi (ISI Kolkata), Sarani Saha (IIT Kanpur), and Chitwan Lalji (IIM Kozhikode). (Under Review) [Job Market Paper]
- “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger: Experimental evidence on harassment of women in India” with Paul Frijters (LSE), Sarani Saha (IIT Kanpur), and Debayan Pakrashi (ISI Kolkata).
Work in Progress:
- Accidents do not happen, they are caused: Experimental evidence on the traffic situation in India.
Media Publications & columns:
- “Countering violence against women with awareness creation and self-defence training” with Chitwan Lalji (IIM Kozhikode), Debayan Pakrashi (ISI Kolkata), and Sarani Saha (IIT Kanpur), Ideas for India (August 2021). [Hindi Version]